Thanks to the continuous innovations in orthodontics, patients now have the option to straighten their teeth without the unsightly metal components. Nowadays, more and more people are availing of Invisalign, a treatment that uses transparent trays made from thermoplastic materials. These trays are molded based on the treatment plan formulated by the dentist after knowing the condition of a patient. To move the teeth to their ideal positions, a series of trays are provided beforehand, and patients are given the schedule on when to switch out trays. If the recommended wear time and replacement of Invisalign aligners, patients are sure to get the outcome they have always dreamed of on time.
However, despite all these, there are still some patients who are hesitant to get started with their Invisalign journey. So, for us at Falls Pointe Dentistry to help everyone make an informed decision about Invisalign, here is a list of must-know facts! Read on below.
- Unlike other orthodontic options, Invisalign trays are removable; therefore, giving patients better flexibility of enjoying whatever they want to eat or drink.
- Each Invisalign tray is custom-made for every patient to give them the results they need and desire.
- Throughout the treatment, patients will be instructed to change trays every two weeks.
- Whenever the trays are taken out, the patient may have the impression that their teeth are loose. This occurrence is normal as the teeth are actually loosened to move them to their ideal positions.
- Like any other orthodontic treatment, a certain level of discomfort will also be experienced by Invisalign wearers depending on their pain tolerance and teeth condition.
- Thanks to the thermoplastic material used for Invisalign, the orthodontic appliance appears virtually invisible when worn.
- Patients may notice that they have a slight lisp when talking for the first week or so. Fortunately, this is not something that is very noticeable and will go away as the wearer gets used to the aligners.
- Depending on the condition of a patient’s teeth, the dentist may place “buttons” or attachments to straighten the teeth more effectively.
- It is also possible for the dentist to incorporate rubber bands the same way with metal braces.
- Throughout the treatment, patients are advised to brush their teeth more frequently to make sure that there are no harmful residues stuck on the teeth or Invisalign trays.
- The ideal wear time of Invisalign trays is 22 hours every day. That said, patients should fit in their meals, snacks, and time for cleaning into two hours.
- No one is too old to get Invisalign. Aside from teenagers, the treatment is ideal for adult use as well!
Are these facts enough to convince everyone that Invisalign® Clear Aligners in Raleigh, NC is worth taking advantage of? Well, if you have more questions in mind, our team at Falls Pointe Dentistry is available to assist. Call or visit us at 9660 Falls of Neuse Rd., Suite 153, Raleigh, NC 27615.